Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Musings of a Bipolar Mind

Hey, y'all --

It's just a regular day today. Isn't that great? Just a regular day.

I remember when I was afraid to wake up in the morning, not knowing what mood I would be in. Always worried about what was around the corner. Scared of the Bipolar Monster.

Today things are more peaceful. I've made peace with my mental illness.

Not saying I LIKE it, just that I've made peace with it. I've learned to live with it and it has learned to live with me.

So just regular days are great. It means that I am serene, stable, and sane.

That doesn't mean that there aren't troubles in my life, just that I am able to deal better with them now when they do crop up.

Like right now I'm having to go thru a foreclosure and bankruptcy, and it's really hard. But I just keep thinking, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

I know I can't handle this bankruptcy on my own strength, because it is a big thing. But just living with a mental illness is a big thing, and He keeps me stable with that, so I think He can handle one little bankruptcy. :)

These days I'm very spiritually-minded. It keeps me grounded. Keeps me stable. Keeps me serene and happy.

Well, that's it for my rambling thoughts today.

Wishing you peace and stability,

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment